We believe our music is ultimately a gift from God meant to bless local churches. So, we’re excited whenever we hear about people singing or using our songs!
Making music takes time so laws exist to ensure musicians are appropriately compensated and acknowledged for their labors. When people use our songs for profit we have a responsibility to our writers to ensure they receive compensation.
Having said that, we totally agree that copyright/permissions stuff can be confusing. We’ve done our best to answer the most common questions we receive regarding using our music below.
USING SOVEREIGN GRACE MUSIC ORIGINAL RECORDINGS (i.e. original recordings from one of our albums)
Without express permission from the publisher (Sovereign Grace Music), it’s illegal to make copies (CDs, digital files, video, etc.) of our recordings. We’ve assembled a list below of common inquiries we get and what you need to do. If your desired use does not fall under one of these categories, please contact us.
- I want to give away CDs/digital files (eg. a CD mix of various songs): We can normally grant this request. Email us to work out the details.
- I want to sell CDs/digital files for profit that include a Sovereign Grace Music recording: This requires a Master Use License. Please contact us for more information.
- I want to use an original recording in a video for public display (eg. a slideshow shown during a church event): We can normally grant this request but need you to email us to work out the details.
- I want to use an original recording in a video to post on the web (eg. youtube lyric video, slideshow, etc.): You have our permission to post a non-profit video (like a slideshow, interview, animation, etc.) that includes a Sovereign Grace Music original recording in the background as long as you include the song copyright and publisher information, “All rights reserved. Used by permission.”, and a link to our website (www.SovereignGraceMusic.com) at the end of the video and in the video description (all that information can be found on the song page). For example:
“O Lord, My Rock and My Redeemer” Music and words by Nathan Stiff © 2017 Sovereign Grace Worship/ASCAP (adm by Integrity Music). Sovereign Grace Music, a division of Sovereign Grace Churches. All rights reserved. Used by permission. www.SovereignGraceMusic.org”.
Please don’t post videos that feature full album or song recordings simply to offer free streaming of our music.
- I want to use an original recording in a video for profit: This requires a Master Use License. Email us for more information.
- I want to use an original recording in a non-profit live stream: The CCLI Streaming PLUS License covers the use of original recordings used in non-profit live streamed services.
- I want to use an original music video in a non-profit live stream: Read more here.
- I want to broadcast a recording on a radio station or podcast: In order to broadcast our music, your station must be licensed with these Performing Rights Organizations: ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC. If you have any questions, email us.